- 500gm pork mince
- 1 egg
- 2t dried sage
- Salt and pepper
- 100gm blue crumbled vein cheese
- 3 slices middle bacon
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 small finely chopped onion sauteed in butter, seasoned.
- Mix pork, egg & seasonings together.
- Lay out the bacon (overlapping by an inch) on top of baking paper.
- Cover with even layer of pork mix leaving last 1" of bacon furtherest away not covered.
- Run a thick line of cheese from side to side at end closest to you.
- Roll up like swiss roll & leave paper on.
- Pop in oven 45 mins on 190C.
- Uncover 5 mins before serving & place under grill to crisp bacon.
- Make a simple mushroom sauce with lightly sauteed onion in butter, then mushrooms added & season.
Comments: Slice loaf into 2 or 4 and serve with sauce, cauli mash & green beans.
Recipe by LCC Cook Jo - www.lowcarbcooking.co.nz