Magical Lemon Lime Cake
Saturday, 30 April 2011 01:55
This lovely and easy to make cake recipe was developed by our member Dunelm.
- 1 lemon (and juice of another lemon)
- 1 lime
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup Xylitol
- 150g melted butter
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 2t baking powder
- In processor whizz up lemon, lime and juice.
- Add eggs and xylitol.
- Mix butter, egg mix and sifted flour and baking powder.
- Pour into a buttered ring tin.
- Bake at 170C for 25-30 minutes
- Cool on rack.
- 75g cream cheese
- 2T water
- Lemon juice - to taste
- Liquid stevia - to taste
- 2-3T thickened cream
Beat cream cheese, water, juice and sweetner until light and smooth. Mix in cream. Ice cake.
- The Xylitol is equivalent to 1 cup sugar.
- Make sure the coconut flour is well mixed - leave no lumps as these will taste revolting when cooked.
- If making in a loaf tin allow at least 40 minutes to bake.
- Allow 130 carbs for entire cake without icing, so if you cut into 12 pieces allow just over 10 carbs per piece. If frosting you will need to allow for the additional carbs from the lemon juice but this is likely to only add a few carbs to the entire recipe.
Last Updated ( Saturday, 28 September 2013 00:17 )