Ham & Eggs with Mustard
Saturday, 23 April 2011 22:27
This dish is made usng the basic technique of the classic Oeufs Meulemeester. Thick chunks of ham, wholegrain mustard and eggs in a creamy cheesey sauce make a substantial and satisfying brunch or lunch. Serves 2.
- 4 eggs
- 40gms butter
- 125ml cream
- 200gms ham, diced thickly
- 2t wholegrain mustard
- 1/4t mustard powder
- 1t chopped parsley
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 30g grated Cheddar cheese (aged Cheddar is nice)
- Part fill a small saucepan with water (enough to cover eggs) and bring to the boil.
- Using a needle prick a hole in the shell at round end of the eggs. This stops them from cracking.
- Carefully lower eggs into boiling water, and once the water has risen to the boil again simmer for 5 minutes.
- Transfer eggs to a bowl of cold water and after 8 minutes peel them. If not using right away place in a bowl of luke warm water until ready. If you have kept the boiled eggs in the fridge bring back to room temperature before proceeding.
- Roughly chop the eggs (I cut mine into 6 pieces).
- Melt the butter in a small pan and add the eggs and cream, season.
- Cook over a low heat for 2-3 minutes, stirring carefully so you don't break the eggs up too much.
- Add the ham, herbs and both mustards - make sure the dry mustard is broken up and finely sprinkled over the top - you don't want this in lumps in the sauce.
- Continue to stir, using a metal spoon, until the cream mix thickens slightly.
- Spoon into small ramekins, top with Cheddar and pop under the grill until lightly browned on top.
- This dish basically has so few carbs in it that you'd be lucky to get a couple of carbs per serving. Make sure you use plain ham though, not a honey cured one as that will change the carb count dramatically.
Recipe by LCC Cook Jo - www.lowcarbcooking.co.nz
Он грохнулся, открыв незащищенную "Звонки на сестру скачать"шею, и я ударил.
Чиун пообещал, "Сборник книг скачать фэнтези"что все будет в порядке.
Last Updated ( Friday, 17 May 2013 11:56 )