Tuesday, 06 July 2010 05:09
This is a lovely Choc-Orange variation on our super easy Berry Whip dessert. This will fill four cocktail glasses holding around 1 cup each.
Another variation is Pineapple Lumps, the recipe for that variation is at the bottom of this page.
- 1 packet of orange (or even mango) flavoured sugar free jelly mix
- Just enough boiling water to dissolve the jelly crystals in
- 50-60gm melted 85% chocolate (Lindt is a great brand)
- 1 ½ cups (or around 375mls) cream
- 1 cup unsweetened yoghurt (I prefer Greek). If you prefer to omit then whip an extra ½ cup of cream instead
- Dissolve the jelly in the boiling water
- Beat the cream and mix the yoghurt through it
- Stir the slightly cooled jelly mix through it so you get an overall orange colour and sweetness throughout
- Stir melted choclate through - this seizes slightly so you end up with threads of chocolate through it.
- Pour into glamorous glasses or bowls
- Let set in fridge – will only take an hour or so
- Top with chocolate shavings or some finely sliced orange zest if desired
- Pineapple Lumps - use a sugar free pineapple jelly. Add to the cream before cooled so it goes into nice tiny chewy bits. And then add the melted chocolate.
Recipe by LCC Cook Prue - www.lowcarbcooking.co.nz
Last Updated ( Saturday, 11 May 2013 01:58 )